There are many advantages in choosing Malaysia for your private health and medical requirements. Medical charges and hospitalisation costs in Malaysia are very competitive compared to those in many developed countries. Malaysian medical expertise is also ranked among the best in the world. For example, a normal cardiac bypass surgery (CABG) would cost in the region of USD6,OOO – USD7,OOO. The favourable exchange rate of USD1.OO to about RM3.10 contributes further to make it an affordable destination.
Another reason to consider Malaysia is the wide choice of state-of-the-art private medical centres available. These establishments are well-equipped and staffed to serve the healthcare needs of people from all over the world.
Medical specialists in the country are highly qualified professionals, and supported by well-trained para-medical staff and sophisticated medical equipment. In Malaysia, all private medical centres are approved and licensed by the Ministry of Health. Most of the private medical centres have achieved certification for internationally recognised quality standards, for example, MS ISO 9002 or accreditation by the Malaysian Society for Quality of Health (MSQH).
Most private medical centres in Malaysia offer comfortable and well-appointed accommodation, ranging from suites to private rooms for single occupancy or more. Room charges, inclusive of meals, vary between medical centres but remain at an attractive level.
In summary, Malaysia is a healthcare destination of choice because:
- All medical staff are English speaking
- A harmonous, plural society practising a variety of religions (for examle, muslim”halal” food can be easily found)
- Favourable exchange rates
- Affordable hospitalisation costs. An uncomplicated CABG would cost in the region of US$6,000-7,000
- Highly-trained medical specialists, most with recognised post-graduate qualifications from the UK, Australia and the USA
- Multi-ethnic, multi-lingual support staff from various religious denominations, e.g. Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.
- Comprehensive network of hospitals and clinics. 88.5 percent of the populations are within 5km of a public health clinic or private practitioner.
Source: The Association of Private Hospitals of Malaysia