Sarawak MM2H (S-MM2H)
The Sarawak MM2H programme has attracted a lot of attention following the very stringent rules under the new national programme. Sabah and Sarawak control their immigration and set their own rules. Sabah has chosen to follow the national MM2H programme, but Sarawak has created their version which is a lot more friendly to foreigners wishing to live in Malaysia.
Currently, people with the Sarawak visa can live in west Malaysia but some people feel that may change given the very different conditions from the national programme. The only requirement Sarawak sets is that you must spend 15 days a year in that state.
Below are details of the Sarawak programme.
Applicants are required to be in Kuching, Sarawak to start the process. (However, recently they allowed applicants over 50 applying based on their income can start the application before visiting)
There are two options to qualify
- Place a fixed deposit of RM150,000 (RM300,000) for a couple OR
- Show proof you have an income of RM7,000 (RM10,000) for a couple. It must be from a pension or salary only)
Conditions are slightly different for those under 50 –
- 50 years old and above: meet one of the above conditions pass the medical check-up and buy medical insurance (waived for people over 60).
- For applicants 40 – 49 years: they also have to purchase a residential property in Sarawak OR send children to study in Sarawak. This must be done before the SMM2H application. Applicants also have to place the required fixed deposit Or show income) , pass the medical check-up, and purchase medical insurance.
- For applicants 30 – 39 years: must have children studying in Sarawak
old they also have to send children to study in Sarawak. Applicants also have to place the required fixed deposit Or show income) , pass the medical check-up, and purchase medical insurance.
If you are interested in applying we can put you in touch with our partner in Sarawak who have a good track record.