MM2H Application Procedures
Complete the Application by yourself or with an agent?
Applicants have the option of using an approved MM2H agent or submitting their application directly. Doing it yourself is best for those who easily meet the requirements and do not mind finding their way around the various government departments. A common complaint is the frequent rule changes, often unannounced which can make it harder for those making their own applications. Using an agent will make the process a lot easier and avoid the need to place a cash security bond (the agent will sponsor you) but of course involves paying the agent their fee.
All agents have to be approved by the Ministry of Tourism. These can be identified by the initials (MM2H) in their company name. We are an approved MM2H agent and can assist with your application. Our fees are below the guidelines set by the Ministry.
How Long Does It Takes?
The official time frame for approval (or decline) is 90 days after submission. However the Mm2H department is currently facing a backlog so it is best to allow 4 or 5 months before receiving the decision on or application.The official time frame for approval (or decline) is 90 days after submission. However the Mm2H department is currently facing a backlog so it is best to allow 4 or 5 months before receiving the decision on or application.
The MM2H Application
Applications can be submitted while the applicant is in Malaysia or from overseas. Once the committee reviews the documents and approves the application, they will issue a letter of ‘Conditional Approval’. At this time the applicant has six months to complete the remaining conditions (obtain medical insurance, complete the medical examination and open the fixed deposit) and collect the visa.
The following documents are required to complete the application process, some at the time of original submission and others after receiving the letter of conditional approval.
Covering letter (see note below).
* Three copies of IM.12 Social Visit Pass. (You can download the form from this site).
* One copy of the Application Form MM2H (You can download the form from this site).* 4 passport sized photographs of applicant and spouse (if accompanied by spouse).
* Certified true copies (see note 3) of all pages of passport/travel document of applicant and spouse (if relevant).
* Certified true copy of every page of previous passport if your current passport is less than one year old (Note: only the page with personal particulars needs to be certified).
* Certified true copy of Marriage Certificate (if accompanied by spouse).
* Certified true copy of children’s birth certificate (if relevant).
* A current resume outlining employment history of primary applicant.
* Evidence of financial assets.– For above 50, RM 350,000 is required and for below 50, RM 500,000 will be required to be shown in a form of bank statements or other financial documents.
* Evidence of regular monthly income.– Minimum income of RM 10,000 per month has to be shown and the supporting documents for this which is requires is the latest 3 months payslip or pension slip and if it is from rental income the tenancy agreement will be required and if it is interest or dividends from Investments, the latest 6 month or 1 year statement has to be shown which has the details of the amount invested and the interest or dividends received. The income needs to be supported with a bank statement showing where the income is credited.
* Medical report of applicant – Form RB 1. (You can download the form from this site).
This can be a self declaration initially but after the conditional approval letter is issued, it must be signed off by a doctor in Malaysia.
* Letter of Good Conduct by a government agency where you currently live (if you have lived there several years) or your home country (usually the Police Department). The original has to be submitted.
* Authorization letter from applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Centre authorising them to verify the financial documents with the relevant financial institutions. (You can download the form from this site).
*Job and Salary verification letter, this is required to be filled in and signed.
* Evidence of purchasing property in Malaysia over RM1 million (if requesting approval to make lower fixed deposit).
Visa collection :
After receiving the letter of conditional approval the following documents must be submitted when collecting the visa:
* Evidence of placing the Fixed Deposit – if applying under this criteria
* Copy of Malaysian medical insurance or international health insurance; the health insurance must be valid for a minimum of 1 year from the date of endorsement or it should state it is auto-renewable.
* Medical check up form (RB11), completed by any local clinic or hospital in Malaysia
* Letter of Good Conduct from country of origin or the country where the applicant is currently residing. The letter of good conduct cannot be older than 6 months from the time of submission or endorsement of visa. (Usually for certain countries like Singapore and Hong Kong, the letter of good conduct will be issued after the MM2H visa approval)
If you come from a country which is eligible for an e-visa you should not use this method of entering Malaysia when you come to pick up the MM2H visa. The immigration department requires you to enter on a normal tourist visa or they will not issue the visa. We are appealing this decision but currently they will ask you to return to your country and reenter Malaysia with a tourist visa.
1) The covering letter of application should state the names of all people who are applying with you, how you will support yourself in Malaysia and which financial criteria you wish to use.
2) Once the application is approved you will be issued a conditional approval letter which can be presented to any bank in Malaysia to open an account.
3) Where certified true copies of documents are requested, they must be countersigned by the Malaysian Embassy or High Commission in your home country or the country that you are currently residing in, or by a lawyer in Malaysia.
Borneo Vision (MM2H) Sdn Bhd
7th Floor, Tower Block,
Syed Kechik Foundation Building,
Jalan Kapas, Bangsar,
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 2094 9664 Fax: +603 2094 9670
Contacts: Farzana Ali or Andy Davison
Contact us here
All applications for people who want to live in West (Peninsular) Malaysia are submitted to the Second Home Centre in the Ministry of Tourism which has information about the programme. Applications to live in Sabah or Sarawak have to be submitted to the respective State Immigration Office. We can assist with application for Peninsular Malaysia and if you need to find an agent in Sabah we can help you with that as well. If you wish to live in Sarawak you will have to contact the authorities in that state, as they do not permit agents to assist with submissions of applications.
Currently, approval takes around 90 days for the documents to be proccessed and approved from the submission date. Sometimes there is a delay on the approval timeframe and usually that is due to the bank verification or due to MM2H centre internal reasons.
Application For Extension after 10 years:
The following documents must be submitted when applying for the visa to be renewed:
* Letter explaining why you wish to renew the visa
* Photocopy of passport (certified true copy of every page)
* Current proof of 3 months offshore income RM 10,000 and above
* Form IMM.55 (one copy per person)
* Evidence your Fixed Deposit is still in place if any – the FD confirmation letter and receipt will be required from the Bank
* Completed RB11 medical checkup form
* Copy of the health insurance policy and medical card if any. The health insurance policy must be valid for a minimum 1 year from the time of application.
* Payment of RM90 per year for the visa
If you have any questions about MM2H or would like us to be your agent, please contact us through our free help desk.